LYCN is born out of the unity of Christians in Leeds. It is a project which has and will play a part in shaping the Church of this next generation here in Leeds. LYCN is a part of the Leeds Christian Community Trust and is supported by a number of churches, Christian organisations and personal supporters from across Leeds.
What We Do
Supporting Weekly Cell Groups (For more information on what a Cell group is Click Here)
We work on a weekly basis with cell groups, adult volunteers and churches to support peer leaders and encourage young people across the city to gather and pursue their faith. We work alongside others, helping them to start cell groups, train up volunteers and explore how they can work together to reach out to young people here in Leeds.
Providing Central Training Events (For more information on the events we provide please Click Here)
We help to provide opportunities and activities for the young people to benefit from. We work to put on relevant gatherings, training and support to serve and enrich the ongoing youth work within the city.
Each year, these include:
6 Celebrations, including Mission Days
3 Community Action Mission Days
6 or more Peer Leader Training Events
Networking and Training Sessions for Youthworkers
Faith Building Residentials and Mission Weeks
The vision of the Leeds Youth Cell Network (LYCN) is to see a relevant Christ-centred youth work within walking distance of every young person in Leeds .
LYCN seeks to help church congregations to work together to provide a much greater level of youth provision that reaches out and enriches the young people of our city. We together are more than the sum of our individual parts and we believe we need to work together to reach the young people of this city.
The vision of Leeds Youth Cell Network remains to develop and encourage:
• Increasing growth of the number of cells.
• The social, emotional and spiritual growth of young people within the network, encouraging young people to take responsibility, ownership and a leadership role within all aspects of the work.
• To create a greater depth and variety of opportunities for young people to both come to know God and make Him known.
• Creating strong communities for growth – locally-based cells supported by a strong citywide youth community, through the LYCN network and existing intergenerational local fellowships.
• Creating environments of inspiration where young people, can be envisioned, equipped and also pass on their experiences of faith.
• To encourage young people to take on their role to be a provocation to the Church into mission and to work together across congregations.
What we believe
LYCN works with all the main denominations in Leeds. We value unity in diversity. We seek to enjoy what we have in common whilst not to avoiding differences in theology but rather learning from walking together with Christians of other denominations and backgrounds. The Network is diverse and serves young people from many different backgrounds. The relationship between the young people and their cell co-ordinators will determine the nature of the teaching within the cell and therefore reflect the diversity of the people within the Network.
We hold to the Apostles Creed :
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
Born of the Virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, died, and was buried;
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
He ascended into heaven,
He is seated at the right hand of the Father,
And he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
The holy catholic Church,
The communion of saints,
The forgiveness of sins,
The resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting.
If you would like to ask a question or would like more information about what we do please email us here. Alternatively please check out the other pages on the about us secion of our site.